Followers

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Me, What I Write About, and Why I Write

I am a woman scorned and hell hath no fury like me. I am angry. I am angry about hate and closed-mindedness. And I am angry that no one in my life seems to care. I am an opinionated person, and I can't be satisfied with only debating myself, and logic-ing myself into forming an opinion. I am compelled to know others opinions and to give mine to them. I read blogs because I truly want to know what other people think and I often find myself reading and saying to myself "I never thought about it that way." I write because I want the chance to be that for someone else. I write because maybe blogging about my opinions won't change the world, but it sure as hell makes me feel better. I write because if I reach just one person, then maybe we'll be just one person closer to making the world a better place. I'm an idealist. So sue me.

Don't take that as arrogance either. I recognize I'm certainly nowhere near perfect, and part of open-mindedness means recognizing my opinions aren't always the right ones. But a different opinion, even a wrong one, if it presents a new way of looking at things will always bring the human race at least one step further to knowing the truth of right and wrong. I write about my opinions, and I welcome respectful opinions in return. I write about religion and my thoughts on it. Religious posts are from an agnostic view, but opinions from any point of view will be welcomed. I do not write with hate or superiority in my heart, only enlightenment. I want users to be able to read without expecting to be offended. I write about sexism. I am a feminist and proud, but anyone who disagrees with my philosophy is welcome to express opposition, so long as they can do so with respect. I write about racism. I write about ageism. I write about homophobia. I write about my value of equality for all regardless of wealth, age, creed, race, nationality, sex, or sexuality. I write about my ideals, my philosophies, and my political views. I write about what I think, of anything and everything. There is only one demographic mentioned above for which I do not have first person experience with discrimination. And so I write from my heart, not my ass.

Who am I? I am a woman scorned, but you can call me Emily. I am 19 and currently engaged to my love, George. Our wedding will be in summer 2012. I am studying in college as an English and philosophy double major. I plan to start out in editing, working my way up to copyeditor. Eventually I want to do some college teaching, preferably philosophy. And of course I plan to write my whole life. If I could do anything I wanted and receive a steady paycheck I would be a novelist. As it is I plan to write freelance (look for me when I start getting published!).

That is who I am, that is what I write about, and that is why I write. I love to write and I hope to bring my opinions to those who love to read. Welcome to my blog and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment