Followers

Friday, July 24, 2009

Genitalia: The Other Frontal Lobe

Recently at my mother's house (reason #1 why I haven't posted in 2 weeks) I was having a conversation with my step-dad.

Me: Did mom tell you what I'm taking next year?
Dad: Nah, what are you taking?
Me: history, required intro English, topics in English: women and modernism, deductive logic-
Dad: *laughing heartily* Well that's a contradiction right there!
Me: *eyebrow's raised* And why's that?
Dad: Because modern women aren't logical! *more laughter*
Me: *stunned silence*

Where to start with this? Social blunder #1, I am a "modern woman" and a philosophy major. I am the exact opposite of the demographic that would find that funny. Social blunder #2, giving false information is not funny, it is usually considered ignorant and people respect you less. Way to go, dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment